Wednesday 22 November : 12.15 pm – 1.15 pm
CLOSING SESSION: OPERATOR CALL TO ACTION
In this session three operators will present their decommissioning outlook to raise awareness of the challenges and opportunities. After the presentations there will be a panel session with the opportunity to ask questions on the future outlook. The outcome from the session is that attendees will gain a greater understanding of collaboration opportunities and generate supply chain awareness.
Speakers and Panellists
Biography and picture to follow shortly!
Head of New Ventures (Decommissioning)
Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited
- 20 year career across the energy industry with 10 years at Centrica Plc in roles from corporate M&A to trading risk management
- Included 3 years in expat role in North America expanding the US and Canadian E&P businesses and building Centrica’s view of an integrated global energy company.
- On returning from the USA in 2015 was asked to join Siccar Point Energy the private equity backed new venture as Head of Corporate Finance. From 2015 this business went from a startup with 13 people and no assets to raising c$700mm of equity and c$750mm in debt and acquiring interests in key long life assets Schiehallion, Mariner alongside positions in some of the UKs largest undeveloped fields of Rosebank and Cambo.
- Siccar Point was sold to Ithaca Energy in June 2022. I was fortunate enough to be asked to join the Ithaca team as Head of New Ventures (Decommissioning) with a fresh assignment to understand and develop business opportunities outside the traditional operator role with a focus on decommissioning.
- CIMA Accountant and BSc in Mathematics
Andrew Shepherd is currently serving as the Decommissioning Manager for Perenco UK, responsible for the preparation and execution of all Perenco UK SNS decommissioning activities. His focus is on applying safe, innovative, and efficient decommissioning solutions to achieve successful project outcomes.
With over 13 years of global experience in the oil and gas industry, his previous roles have spanned across a diverse portfolio of projects covering platform installation, decommissioning and the renewables sector.
He holds degrees in Civil Engineering from Cardiff University, Oil and Gas Structural Engineering from the University of Aberdeen, as well as an MBA in Global Business from Aston Business School.
Head of Decom & Projects
Donald Martin works with Spirit Energy as their Head of Decommissioning & Projects, with accountability for strategic planning and projects performance across the portfolio. Donald’s sector expertise has been developed across diverse projects from the perspective of E&P operators, JV partner and major suppliers. He holds a BEng in Electrical Engineering and MSc in Major Programme Management from Oxford University. Donald is passionate about creating value by forming supply chain relationships that deliver successful outcomes and value for all parties through aligned objectives and collaboration across all phases of the project lifecycle.
Supply Chain & People Director
Offshore Energies UK
Katy Heidenreich is the Supply Chain & People Director at Offshore Energies UK.
She has responsibility for championing the world-class capabilities of the UK supply chain and the industry's highly skilled workforce. Katy focuses on helping the sector maximise its opportunity to deliver as much of the UK's energy needs as possible and drive the technology and innovation required to deliver net zero targets.
Katy Heidenreich brings more than 27 years of industry experience to the role, mainly from Schlumberger Oilfield Services where she has worked across a variety of technical, commercial and senior management roles in the UK, Norway and Azerbaijan.
HSE & Operations Director
Offshore Energies UK
Mark Wilson is the Health, Safety, Environment & Operations Director, for Offshore Energies UK and supports HSE & operational arrangements for the UK offshore assets. This role also includes the OEUK resilience lead focussing on both COVID-19 and security of supply aspects in relation to the Ukraine crisis.
Having spent the first part of his career with the British Army as a mechanical engineer, Mark joined ConocoPhillips and for seven years he held HSE and operational roles both on and offshore, including as an Offshore Installation Manager. He then moved to EnQuest as the HSE Director, which also included being the COVID-19 lead, the Group enterprise risk co-ordinator, and emission management focal point.
Mark is the Sustainability Ambassador for the Aberdeen and Grampian Branch of the Institute of Directors, holds an MBA and is a Chartered Engineer.