We eagerly anticipate welcoming you back, as we continue to keep businesses informed and connected, creating vibrant networking and accelerate opportunities through face-to-face events.
OGUK has been working closely with our Leadership Team, HSE Team and individual venues on an event-by-event basis to ensure we cover and implement the correct and most effective COVID precautions and procedures in order for delegates and staff to return to physical events safely. It is of paramount importance that these measures are communicated effectively to ensure delegates are reassured their safety is integral to the successful running of a physical event.
Best Practice Measures
These are our safety precautions applicable to all events – to bring us in line with Government guidance and what is expected generally in society and is subject to change based on ongoing updated Government advice. These measures are based on Scotland’s Government guidance due to the event being located in Scotland.
The OGUK Event Standards comprise four key areas, providing assurance and confidence that all our events have health and safety as our number one priority –
- Physical distancing
- Cleaning & Hygiene
- Protect and Detect
These measures include –
- Mandatory face coverings other than when eating and drinking
- Sanitising stations at key touch points
- Track and Trace QR Codes as part of registration process
- Increased distancing where appropriate
- As a precaution we advise delegates to take regular Lateral Flow tests even if no symptoms present (for personal reference ahead of arriving at event and proof not required to be shown)
- Enhanced cleaning processes in place with venues during an event
- If symptomatic, please do not attend an OGUK event and follow NHS isolation and testing guidance as appropriate
Specific measures, over and above those listed above, will be in place for the Offshore Decommissioning Conference based on the format and nature of the event – continuing to prioritise the safety of our delegates.
- Increased spacing in conference auditorium
- Reduced capacity to accommodate extra space
- Venue staff all to be wearing face coverings for service
- One way system in operation at specific points, clear points of entry and exit from conference auditorium
- Encourage only two people to ‘staff’ an exhibition stand and two visiting delegates at any one point
- Increased ventillation in venue with doors / windows open – weather dependent
In the case of a positive case arising after an event and associated attendance, the Events Team and the venue will work closely to identify potential close contacts using track and trace registrations and any other information we can gather from their movements. Close contacts would then be contacted directly through the Government Track and Trace process.
If you would like to discuss these measures in more detail or have any questions and queries that would help to ensure you feel further assured of your safety at an OGUK event please contact Shona Anderson, Events Manager, email@example.com
Our programme of enhanced measures will ensure the health and wellbeing of our participants is prioritised and provide reassurances to all who visit our events, that they are in a safe environment.