The 2017 conference, run jointly by Decom North Sea and Oil & Gas UK, took place from 27 – 29 November at the Fairmont Hotel, St Andrews. Last year, we were delighted to work with Principal Sponsor, Aberdeen Harbour Board, and Supporting Sponsors, Forth Ports Scotland, Integrated Decom and Petrofac.
The conference built upon previous sell-out events and encompassed numerous keynote sessions all focused on the latest decommissioning updates, trends and case studies. Session topics included:
- Session 1: Regulators and Regulation
- Session 2: Decommissioning Market
- Session 3: Two sessions to run in parallel; OSPAR Decision 98/3 – 20 Years On and Salvage
- Session 4: Technology
- Session 5: The Late Life Opportunity
- Session 6:Two sessions to run in parallel; Well P&A Today and Environmental and Waste Management in Decommissioning
- Session 7: Collaboration in Action – Joint Presentations
The key objective of the conference was to bring a wide spectrum of oil and gas companies into one room; small supply chain companies, contractors and many of the large operators. Previous conferences have shown attendees to be actively involved and willing to contribute and discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with offshore oil and gas decommissioning in an open and engaging atmosphere.
Attending this annual event allowed delegates to:
- Update their knowledge and learn from industry leaders and key stakeholders
- Take part in an excellent business development and networking opportunity,engaging with 450+ industry professionals
Details of the 2018 conference will be released shortly.